August 25, 2019, 08:59:39 PM *
News: WELCOME TO THE NEW ARCHIVE SITE. This contains all forum data from 2004 to July 2013

Home   Help Search Donate Login  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bring the fireblade back to life....  (Read 1033 times)
Jonesy
Get off my land
Site Member

Get off my land

Ignore
« on: June 25, 2013, 06:46:07 PM »

Here's the story - March 2012 I got knocked off the mighty blade by some white van man pulling a 'u-turn' on me... and whom decided to play the not owning up to his actions, anyway long and short of it, I got paid out on a 50:50 basis so the bike owes me about 1200 (well it actually doesn't owe me anything).

I've got the bits to get it up and running again but it needs a small part of the engine welding (will find out who can do this) where a part of the genny cover snapped off and took a part of the block with it.

So it's now registered as a 'Cat C' so I'll keep it and ride it until it dies.

Here's how it currently looks after 16 months of being garaged, removal of the fairing and half hour with a citrus degreaser and a jet wash!

The good news is other than the seat panel (which has a small graze on it) the panels are all still untouched - thanks to the crash bungs

So it needs:
The small piece of the engine welding back on
Oil, filter and fluid change
Chain cleaning of surface rust (this was new before putting it on its side)
Bolts and fasteners to be sent off to coaters (found this old thread: />
Quick once over and I'm hoping (betting) that it starts on the button... (fingers crossed)

Silly to say but riding a 250 scooter to work every day does nothing for your motivation to get back on a proper bike, almost bored to tears riding these days.

Cant wait to ride it again....  (and then to get to work on the trackbike for 2014 trackday season)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 06:47:39 PM by Jonesy » Logged

ash

North Glos

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 07:13:53 AM »

how come you accepted 50:50 if the van pulled out on you ?

If you manage to keep a cool head when all around you are losing theirs, it is probably because you haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation !
Jonesy
Get off my land
Site Member

Get off my land

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 07:36:36 AM »

Because I was filtering through crawling traffic, and in a right turn only lane- he stated that he was in fact intending to turn right not do a 'u-turn'... Long winded and I couldn't be arsed to fight it anymore and the insurers solicitors were crap!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: