• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

January 22, 2021, 06:20:59 PM

News:

WELCOME TO THE NEW ARCHIVE SITE. This contains all forum data from 2004 to July 2013

triumph 675 endurance kinda spec

Started by m6rk, June 04, 2013, 09:23:29 PM

m6rk

So here's my logic..

Got a road r6 and track r6 that both don't get enough use and take up space..

I'd like to replace it with something that can do the occasional sunny day blast and be road legal, but is pretty much race spec..

I'd want a slipper clutch, quick shifter and the suspension sorted but otherwise standard spec, endurance style headlight with a brake / rear light.. then i can just stick the numberplate hanger on when I want to ride on the road..

So dunno whether it'd be better to convert a road bike, or try and find a trackbike with v5 that still has the original loom intact..

so what is kicking around people?
any bright ideas?
Why are you crying? It's a fair offer...

0luke0

If I were you I'd get an ex TTC bike.  Decent spec but they don't run any kit parts so will have a road loom.  You can easily stick an endurance style headlight on it and run a brake light on the plate hanger.

m6rk

interesting i'd just assumed that the tts bikes wouldn't have a v5..

0luke0

They don't but you can register them with the dvla, same as mine. Think it's 150

tucola

QuoteSo dunno whether it'd be better to convert a road bike, or try and find a trackbike with v5 that still has the original loom intact

I heard that bikes with a full loom can tend to weave in a crosswind if you don't keep an eye on them.

Green_Ninja

Quote from: tucola on June 05, 2013, 10:23:30 AM
QuoteSo dunno whether it'd be better to convert a road bike, or try and find a trackbike with v5 that still has the original loom intact

I heard that bikes with a full loom can tend to weave in a crosswind if you don't keep an eye on them.

:rofl:
Triumph Street Triple R - Black

Millhouse

June 05, 2013, 10:43:02 AM #6 Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 11:11:20 AM by Millhouse
Quote from: Green_Ninja on June 05, 2013, 10:41:59 AM
Quote from: tucola on June 05, 2013, 10:23:30 AM

:rofl:

or maybe even tuck the front at goosenecks.... ;)

m6rk

funny fuckers..

luke, does yours have the wiring for all the road gear still?

just trying to figure out the monies as slipper clutches + quickshifters dont come cheap..

0luke0