• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

January 18, 2021, 05:55:53 PM

News:

WELCOME TO THE NEW ARCHIVE SITE. This contains all forum data from 2004 to July 2013

Star Trek Into Darkness

Started by Homer J Simpson, April 16, 2013, 09:34:54 PM

DaveH

Quote from: PJ on May 11, 2013, 01:13:08 PM
Saw it last night,  epic. Only criticism would be I thought they could have made a totally unique story rather than a rehash of a previous one.  But other than that,  epic!
I really enjoyed that aspect of it; seeing it as a final homage/farewell...maybe
Quote from: Choo on May 12, 2013, 07:10:18 AM
Awesome, Cucumberpatch was brilliant as a baddy
:lol: +1

Snozzeltoff

Quote from: DaveH on May 12, 2013, 08:41:52 AM
Saw it last night,  epic. Only criticism would be I thought they could have made a totally unique story rather than a rehash of a previous one.  But other than that,  epic!
I really enjoyed that aspect of it; seeing it as a final homage/farewell...maybe

Any more new Star Trek films could be quite different as JJ Abrams isnt doing anymore, he's off to do the new Star Wars films.

DaveH

Quote from: Snozzeltoff on May 12, 2013, 02:18:36 PM
Quote from: DaveH on May 12, 2013, 08:41:52 AM

Any more new Star Trek films could be quite different as JJ Abrams isnt doing anymore, he's off to do the new Star Wars films.
Hmmm :? Probably good news re Star Wars, but maybe not so much for any other Star Trek

ash

Saw it this evening....7/10 as an action film, but the plot could have been stronger....which is a shame as I'm a big trekkie fan

I'm probably saying this because we saw Oblivion (Tom Cruise) a couple of weeks ago, and the plot in that wasn't a rehash of any other film I've seen or recognise (which made it a much better watch in both mine and my o/h's eyes)
If you manage to keep a cool head when all around you are losing theirs, it is probably because you haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation !

DaveH

Quote from: ash on May 14, 2013, 09:17:55 PM
I'm probably saying this because we saw Oblivion (Tom Cruise) a couple of weeks ago, and the plot in that wasn't a rehash of any other film I've seen or recognise
sarcasm?

ash

Quote from: DaveH on May 14, 2013, 09:27:57 PM
I'm probably saying this because we saw Oblivion (Tom Cruise) a couple of weeks ago, and the plot in that wasn't a rehash of any other film I've seen or recognise
sarcasm?

His ego aside (which showed a bit in the film with the ages of his opposite leads), I much preferred the plot in Oblivion. It was more thought provoking and had a few unexpected twists. I thought that the last Star Trek film was a better deal TBH..that said, I might feel differently about this one if I watch it again on DVD.

I watched Les Miserables last night on DVD....Jeez, that was hard going :lol:
If you manage to keep a cool head when all around you are losing theirs, it is probably because you haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation !

DaveH

Quote from: ash on May 14, 2013, 09:42:21 PM
Quote from: DaveH on May 14, 2013, 09:27:57 PM
sarcasm?

His ego aside (which showed a bit in the film with the ages of his opposite leads), I much preferred the plot in Oblivion. It was more thought provoking and had a few unexpected twists. I thought that the last Star Trek film was a better deal TBH..that said, I might feel differently about this one if I watch it again on DVD.
Cool, :thumbright: I thought the opposite; that it was an amalgam of several movies and really liked the twist the new Star Trek put on the story :)
Quote from: ash on May 14, 2013, 09:42:21 PMI watched Les Miserables last night on DVD....Jeez, that was hard going :lol:
:shock: should've got to see it big screen with big sound; was epic :) ;)

(all IMO of course) :)

DaveH

Just remembered the cut between someone starting to (possibly) say shit, getting as far as the 'shhh' and cutting to a scene with the enterprise door opening to provide the ending :lol:

Stuno1

Great film! Really enjoyed it. Better than I expected, action from start to finish. Good plot, good acting. Loved it!

Agent Ant

Watched this last night at the iMax in London... The UK's largest screen :D
Thought the film was good overall but as others have said, the rehash of the original story lines was pretty poor though and just lacked creativity - would it have been too difficult to make something new given they decided to re-write the whole timeline anyway